Thursday 14 May 2015

Retreat

On 13th May 2015, St. Wolstans had a retreat in the Maynooth University. At first, I thought that this trip would be boring and I wouldn't get anything from it. This is due to the fact that the last retreats we had, I didn't enjoy myself. But when we started the activities, I found myself laughing, taking part and actually having fun.

Our first activity was we had to link arms as tight as we could and four girls in the middle would try to break our arms apart. I was determined to win it. I held as tight as I could, hoping the bond wouldn't break. I was pulled and at one point I was scared that my jeans would be pulled down.



me and my partner won at the end and I was really proud of myself.

We did another activity which involved getting into certain numbers of groups. Sadly, I didn't win this one but it was entertaining to see the others play.

After we did the physical things, we sat down and had some deep conversations. We got into groups and were given a topic to discuss. Our topic was about; "If you could change one thing about your parents/caregiver etc, what would it be?" There also topics like "who has it easier boys or girls", that one took agesssssss.

Overall, it was a great experience and I hope to do something similar to that in the near future.


No comments:

Post a Comment